Get your PJs, your pillows and your pals and get ready for one of the coolest events of the year. On April 6th at 3pm, cities all over the world join together for a full-on battle royal for Global Pillow Fight Day. Up until now, Portland has never participated, so we here at Dispatch decided to take the reins. Hundreds have been in attendance in other cities, and we see no reason why Portland shouldn’t be in on the fun.
The whistle blows at 3pm on the dot, so here are some simple rules you should know:
– The event is free and appropriate for all ages, so watch out for little ones.
- Soft pillows only!
- Swing lightly, many people will be swinging at once.
- Do not swing at people without pillows or with cameras.
- Remove glasses beforehand!
- Wait until the signal to begin.
- Please consider the environment; no feather pillows please!
The pillow war will take place in Monument Square, with a pajama-themed after party will take place immediately following at Asylum Bar and Grill (a 21+ event – sorry kiddos!).
TEAMS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED! Get your friends and coworkers together and put together costumes, group chants or anything else you can think of to make your group stand out from the crowd!
Want to get involved? We’re looking for promotion partners, as well as people to get involved with the event and after-party, so if you like what you hear, drop us a line!
TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM TO BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE THE WHISTLE BLOWS, CONTACT US!