Maine winters threaten to take a toll on beauty in the season of dry skin, brittle hair, and unpredictable weather. As the seasons change, so should pieces of your beauty routine. Here are a few favorites that keep me truckin’ through knee-high snow banks and gale force winds.
1) Urban Decay Primer Potion, $20. When the winter winds beginto make your eyes water, keep that smokey-eye stickin’ by priming your eyelids before application.
2) The Body Shop Vitamin E Skin Care Starter Set, $12 (normally $25). Banish scaly skin by starting with a moisturizing skin care regimen. The Body Shop’s Vitamin E line gives you a smooth, nourished canvas before you put on your best face.
3) The Body Shop Shimmer Waves, $22. This multi-hued palette is a blush, bronzer, and illuminator in one. Dust the lighter half on the apples of your cheeks and the darker half to contour the hollows of your cheeks.
4) Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink, $25. A sheer pop of hot pink gives cheeks a “I’ve-just-been-skiing” glow, even when you’ve spent the whole day indoors.
5) Fekkai Protein RX Deep Nourishing Conditioner, $25-39. Keep hair strong in frigid, drying winter weather. Helpful hint: I get Fekkai hair conditioners–including this one–for less than half the price at Marshall’s!
6) The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter, $10 (normally $19). Aside from loving the rich texture of this body treat, the citrus smell of the Satsuma butter will almost have you convinced that you’ve been transported to a Floridian orange grove. Almost.